True Beauty

The artist capturing beauty.
As I meet new beautiful and incredible people, I am floored to discover after getting past the surface that SO many people (women especially) do not stand firm in the realization of what they are:  truly beautiful and amazing creatures!   It happens time after time!  And even though they are told by many around them, they still don't believe it for themselves.  They keep listening to the voices in their heads of the parental lessons or possibly something that another child said to them when they were 8 that have been drilled into their heads and considered truth.

"Your face will only get you so far.  Don't count on that.  You have to work for your accomplishments."  coming from your father at an early age shapes how this woman sees herself for life.... "Does this mean I'm not beautiful?"  Her dad was just trying to teach her the value of work.  He was trying his best.  Now she's in her 40s and still doesn't believe that she is beautiful.  OUCH!  What can our words do?

Sometimes it takes someone we love noticing and telling us that we are beautiful to start believing ourselves.  This happened to me.  So I will do this for others.  There's SO much beauty when you're looking for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem