In Passing

This week my family lost our oldest living member... my grandpa Eddie.  Saying goodbye to a person who lived 104 1/2 years does not hold the same sadness as some other goodbyes, but still it's a change.... life, death, rebirth....

I hope he really opened himself up to one person or a few people.  I hope he experienced vulnerability and pure love.  I know his childhood was so different than mine and his generation had different frameworks on which to build their world view.  I hope he didn't live with guilty feelings from his membership in the Catholic church.  I hope he understood that the love of the divine does not have to be earned.  I hope his smile was genuine from the depth of his soul rather than a duty.  And I hope he feels my love.

Happy Trails to you Grandpa!  What will you do next??? :) <3

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem