Snowstorm

My daughter(5) brought home a few drawings this winter of a snowstorm.  She used every colored marker and crayon that she could find and swirled them round and round in a tornado-like fashion.  My day, body, mind, essence, direction, heart feels like this right now.  Here's my version of her drawing done in the ever professional "Paint" program. :)

Yes I know, I didn't stay on the paper.. my lines got kind of crazy.  I was trying to make it as close to the original as possible.  :)  You see, I ran into a mindfulness teacher yesterday and he sent me a link to a talk given at a very successful business which taught mindfulness as a road to happiness.  This talk highlighted mindfulness, self-knowledge, and daily habits as the road to personal happiness and ultimately to world peace.  Chills!

So the picture of the snowstorm above... is me... trying to figure out what to do with this information... what is my contribution to world peace?  I realize that I have my own practice of mindfulness, self-study, and daily habits of wrapping light and sparkly things around people in my imagination.  This is a contribution and one of the best because without this, how can I spill over with the fruits of this practice?

But I feel like there's more to it for me.... So a snowstorm swirls... and I observe because I know the important pieces will sink and be accessible to me.  Wow... these colors are amazing!

PEACE OUT! :))))))  Oh gees... TEARS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem