Making Room

In the spirit of spring, I did some house cleaning recently; man had cardboard collected on my back porch... :)  My attempts at leaf mulching and dumping the mulch on the back garden of ferns last autumn didn't make the leaves go away like I had hoped so I had to burn some of that to allow the ferns to emerge.  I also cleaned my kitchen windows on the outside so I could clearly see the life outside my house when doing the sometimes mundane chore of dishes.


Ah, but the finest bit of cleaning I did was with relationships.  I decided to clean out remnants of past relationships that were hanging around, but not completely fulfilling... one actually draining at times.  I gathered the dried flowers I had kept and brought them out to the back garden... I sprinkled the petals on the fern garden and thanked them for their presence.  Then I burned some candles in the space I had them and asked for all the stagnant energy to be removed.

I considered it a controlled burn as they do in fields sometimes to encourage growth.  It's not that I cut all ties to these people, some are still dear friends, but I cut the attachment that was not serving me.

What followed in the next week was simply precious!  By clearing out these drains on my attention and love, I allowed space for one giant heart to enter my life.  A heart so gentle, so open, so dear that I NEEDED all that space to hold him.

I'm blessed.  I'm grateful.  I'm full of love and joy.  EE




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem