Upright Bass

I found another instrument that I want to play... the upright bass.  I realized that I naturally find the bass line in the music I hear and enjoy that. So first I wanted to play the bass guitar and may still want to, but I think the upright bass is so cool looking... a huge violin. 

This is my desire after watching a couple of upright bass players last night at the Americana Showcase.... one male and one female.  The woman had the BEST facial expressions.  I told her that after the show and she laughed.  She said she had no idea that she makes faces and that the lights are so bright that she just really can't see a thing so she just plays and that's what her face does. :)

The other members of the band were great too!  Two brothers sang and played guitars - one with a big 10 gallon cowboy hat and the other with some great wavy hair (James Dean style).  They sounded and looked like they were brought to the stage directly after arriving from 1950 in a DeLorean... :)  And then on the other side of the stage were the elders of the group.... the fiddler and the steel guitar player... Great combo!  The fiddler's name is Razzberry.... quite the character and also had some wonderful expressions whilst playing. 

So.. which instrument to learn first... bass guitar, upright bass, bagpipes, ukulele, mandolin, harp.... hmmmm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem