Listening Between the Lines

This story reminded me of my neighbor.... and how I am the excitement of her day.  Do we ever really let it sink in how much we can affect another human being just by listening with kindness... giving a few minutes of our time?

Here's the story:
The first day I met my neighbor:  Janet
A Father's Listening Lesson

Here's my neighbor.... today she asked me what size I wore (as I was in my robe putting out the trash  :) ).  She has a robe she's never used and would like to give it to me.... AWE!  She also gave me a tulip on Easter Sunday in honor of her mother Anna.  She told me that she only gives such gifts to very special people... it warms my heart!

When the land line rings at my house, we all know that it's Janet because most people don't even know the number, but Janet does and she uses it!  :)  Sometimes she calls to ask if I will put film in her camera.  Sometimes it's to ask if she can put a couple bags of garbage in my bin.  Other times it's to see when she can make some rice crispie bars for the kids.... or deliver banana muffins or puzzles she's already done.   She just wants to give!  She's a wonderful soul!  I'm so glad she's my neighbor!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem