Tribal

You really just never know.... you think that your 'tribe' - the people with whom you can share your secret core - will be people that are your age, probably similar jobs, similar family situations.. Yeah they'll know what it's like to be you and will be able to empathize and help you conquer the challenges that you all face TOGETHER!  For me that is not the case at all!

I have lovely friends who are in similar situations, but they don't live near me and I find it difficult to keep a truly deep friendship over the phone or email and with only seeing each other a couple times a year.  We try our darndest and have a BLAST when we do get together, but then there's that distance....

My new-found resident TRIBE on the other hand....  They're as random as you can get!  And the connection and support and compassion and authentic GOOD WILL toward each other is one of the biggest boosts for me every time I see them!  Even when a new person is brought into the tribe, a friend of a tribal, their presence is AMAZING!  We had nearly the entire group in tears today... all different times!  Funny that it wasn't me this time.  I'm coming off some doozies after reading Proof of Heaven and starting up The Honeymoon Effect.  Those really got me crying. :)

Our time is authentic.  We have silence.  No one speaks nervously.  Acceptance reigns... and a genuine interest in what EVERYONE has to contribute.  This tribal thing is AMAZING!

THANK YOU!  You know it's all based on our discovery of:  Gratitude, Compassion, Acceptance, Purpose and Meaning, and Forgiveness.

And it all starts with Thank You. (heart hurt)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem