Fully Committed

 So I'm seeing another side of performance art.... the side of the parent.  GOOD LORD it's INTENSE!  It's so much easier to be in the show and learn the lines/music/choreo over hours and hours of sewing and supervising and re-doing hair and dealing with your OWN kid as they're over-tired, excited and nervous....  Can I get that flex capacitor now?  I'd like to go back and do it all again... knowing this....:)

Also, the ballet director spoke tonight at the cast party and mentioned that he loves to direct students in this area because he said they are some of the best students he visits.  I didn't know this, but he travels around the country and does similar shows with students from all over and he always enjoys his stop in MN because the students are 'supported'.  I personally loved his speech before the first show where he said something to the effect of this:  (they were doing the show for about 1000 school children)  "You know that every kid out there wants to be you right now so you have to dance for them.  Dance for them with the love you have for dance.  Show your love."  I was tearing up.  I LOVE artists!  :)  It's true though.... you don't know as a kid that it's love that you're sharing... because you're just so caught up in the exhilaration of the show.  Maybe that seems dramatic, (this is the theater after all) but it's true!  The dancers and actors are sharing their LOVE of the art that moves the audience through a story in all it's beauty.

It will be sad tomorrow at their last 'dance', but it's inevitable and I think all the parents are ready to be done! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem