No Good Deed


So I met a few Arabs this week through a couple friends (Arab) that I met a few weeks ago at Irish Fest (of course).  Most of these men were younger men 20-30 years of age and generally nice people.  When I met the first of the Arabs, I started giving them hugs and they really had no idea how to give a proper hug... the heart to heart kind.  So I taught them and they learned quickly... they also thought it was incredibly funny that I gave hugs so readily.  They would ask me to hug every Arab man that came up to visit with them and I would.  I'm all about hugging!

There was one man in particular that asked for a couple hugs and then asked if I could give him a hug every day for the next month that he has to be in town for medical reasons.  I said sure!  He got my number so we could meet.  Well today I met him after a series of texts and he really wasn't looking for a daily hug because he pretty much passed up the hug to ask me if I would come up to his room in the hotel!!!!

This is why people don't give out hugs to just anyone.  You have the people out there that want to take that as a sign for a different kind of affection.  NO Mr.  This kind of affection is perfectly fine to be shared outside in the wide open.  I actually was happy to be seen with a bunch of Arab men because I think a lot of people fear being around them.  AND I liked that they, up until today, were very respectful of me and I would even say very gentlemanly.

I will still be friends with my original Irish Fest Arabs, but I will no longer be spreading the hugs around the group.  This is so sad to me.  I just want to spread love.  Some people can not see this version of touch.  I think it's SO important to be able to touch and show love this way!

I will not be squashed... just will have to pick my Arabs carefully... STEALTH mode! :)  I still don't believe the 'No good deed goes unpunished'... but it seemed like a good title... :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem