Protection in Stillness

How does a doe stay unseen by a potential predator?  She freezes.  She's still.  She's silent.  This is her cover, her security blanket, her way of surviving.....

This lovely girl and I had a little conversation so she understood that I didn't mean any harm, but her stillness got me to thinking:  stillness is not something we humans do very well.  Heck, it's one of the most difficult poses in yoga.  I am sure there have been many times I have passed by some animal in the woods and never even knew they were there because they used their 'statue' skills and were one with their surroundings.  

Getting comfortable with stillness and quiet is one of the most powerful things one can do for themselves.  In the stillness and in the quiet, we can hear our own breath, our own heartbeat, and the whispers of our soul.  I would highly recommend practicing... then you will have your very own inner sanctuary; a place to cultivate peace within.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem