Hangin With the Rocks

Vacation... I'm trying out a couple kinds of vacations this summer.... one, leaving my country alone and meeting up with a bunch of strangers on a beach and the other taking my loved ones to a lake and spending some time alongside a rock bottomed lake.... Both have great potential, but mostly my vote goes to the former as the most vacation-like.

You would think strangers couldn't be loved ones in a matter of days, but this is not the case in my vacation situation.  It's quite the phenomena.  Heck... actually I knew instantly in some cases that they would be loved ones.

I found on the second vacation expedition that the rocks were my favorite hanging out spot.  There are rocks all over the place here and I found sitting in them, walking through them, or swimming over them was the calmest most relaxing time of my vacation.  What is it about them that brought me present?  I'm sure the sound of the waves contributed, but pretty much I would just enjoy seeing through the clear water the rocks and the rest of the life beneath - yes even to see the leeches swimming around.

OK.. I have to admit as the sun is going down, that the sunsets were quite amazing too... only problem is I could not really ever enjoy one fully as someone always had to be fighting, or talking, or had to go to the bathroom and couldn't hold it so I had to leave my perfect position and miss the full extent.  OH the colors!  Just pure heaven over a calm lake reflecting all the beauty of the colors.... I think last night the sun was hot pink.  JUST AMAZING!  Right now, I'm debating escaping this place and running off alone with my camera to catch one...  ok.. gotta go! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem