Tidbits

I don't know if this is normal for other people, but in one single day for me, I have many personal encounters with people.  Today... I accepted a gift from a co-worker who was handing off YEARS of work she had put into teaching young people.  She explained all the lessons which she had nicely arranged in folders with proper headings.  She also offered to assist me in transferring the information to the kids that I might encounter.  She gave me a HUGE chunk of her life.... a passion of hers... she trusts me with her passion.

Not much later, I got a call from my best friend in Alaska.  She was starting her day and was feeling down.  She was deeply missing the foster baby that was removed from her home to go to extended family members a couple weeks ago.  She had fallen in love with the little baby girl and she really feels a BIG desire to have a family.  She was calling me to hear my voice and find a way to smile when she felt such a weight in her heart.  She gave me the gift of needing my comfort.

Later in the day I had a meeting with a work friend and we talked about our families and vacations, but it wasn't surface level and it was very clear the genuine care between us.  And we talked about a beautiful water fountain in town that looks so lovely at JUST the right time in the evening when the sun hits it just so it looks as if it's illuminated by angels.

The truth is we all give and take tidbits from every one that we encounter in a day.  I'm so grateful to be given the chance to be trusted with someone's passion, someone's less than perfect day, and shared knowledge of the existence of angelic fountains nearly right in our backyards.    


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem