And When I Have Freedom

I have kids.  I love them. I love to plan events and take them to experience different people/places/activities.  When I'm there, I'm truly enjoying the time with them.  I even take my little boy along with us when we have Girl Scout events because... why not??  But then there's my alone time.

OH.... now that is SUCH a gift!  I never used to get free time... not at home free time.  I was always doing something with the kids or if I was alone, it was because I had planned something with friends, but now... NOW I get to choose how I spend my alone time and I get to be at home!  Rewind a few years and I would have spent this organizing a kid's closet or scrubbing a bathroom.  Now I really don't care! :)  I did wash everyone's sheets and hung them all on the clothesline (for OPTIMAL fresh odors) and vaccuumed up the plaster that the wee one picked off the crack in the wall about 3 months ago on the wall going up the stairs. BUT I did not do any more cleaning! ;)

So what do I do now?  I hit the trails!  I sit outside!  I go to yoga.  I arrange a massage.  I drink wine.  I get a few chapters read in a book that had only been receiving my attention 2 pages at a time at night before bed.  I meet up with the guy from the airplane who lives nearby for lunch to talk about life.  I finish some drawings that are hanging around the house... and it's AMAZING!

I am so grateful for the time I have to choose exactly what I want to do.  Here are some images from these choices this weekend....

Went through rocks from Lake Superior!

Bathed in beautiful light!

Another section of the trail.

My favorite wild flower - bee balm or FIREWORKS!

The meadow that brought me to tears.

Covered by nature.

On the trail... SO much beauty!

Finishing my sunshine drawing... with wine :).
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem