Inheritance

I moved into a very well established house in November (read OLD). ;)  One of the fun things (and there are MANY) about buying a well established house is that you get to discover what's present.  There was a nice flower garden in the back by the patio, but I really didn't know what was planted there on purpose and what weeds had overtaken the nice black soil... There were some really tall left-overs which I now know are Tiger Lillies and some cone flowers and day lilies.  I added a lavender plant and a few other perenials....oh and of course a fairy statue because I know that the fairies are with me when I'm working in my garden and I wanted them to be around the shamrock plants.. :)  Yes I know those are weeds, but they are weeds I keep because they are shamrocks. ;)
Tiger Lillies.... Princess? :)



Three big barrel planters also were inherited with the house.  Two of them are growing weeds and some new maple trees, but one of them is growing a new raspberry plant and a tomato plant!  I did not plant either!  There are flowers on the tomato plant so hopefully we will get some fruit off of that inheritance!

Fiona my fairy
Inheritance can also be a pain in the arse.... like the old pipes that drain as slow as molasses and now take a few hours to drain after a shower.... I guess I will have to find a good plumber... or remodel the bathroom. ;)

Inheritance... an adventure for sure!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem