Surfacing

When I feel something coming up, I stop and bring up the blog... empty slate.. white openness.

Right now is one of those times.  I was looking through the pictures from last night. I was visiting the horses.  I went there to assist some children/adults who don't have full mental or physical capabilities ride horses, but not many of the students attended so I ended up spending some time talking to the horses... giving them some love and also riding the BIG rambunctous half Clydesdale whom I so enjoy riding because she has a lot of 'get up and go'! :)  She always wants to run and man... that's what I love about riding.... running.... attached to a powerful and beautiful animal... trying your best to act as one... to communicate with arms, legs, words, and thoughts..... It's one of the most beautiful connections possible.  Just feeling the power of their hind legs beneath you.... oh gees... crying.... 
Sierra.... my sweet!
Insert image so I can collect myself....
Solei... she likes to run (and nibble your fingers)!

After my ride I wanted to capture some horse images on my camera so I went into the barn and noticed that my friend from a few months back was there, but not saddled.... Sierra... she was special to me back then and she calmly waited for me to finish visiting the other horses so I could stop and attend to her.  She was so patient and steady and let me play with my camera for a while while she looked beautiful in the sun.  I really think she was posing for me.... she knows she is a beauty!  When I was down close to the ground under her nose playing with my camera settings, she nuzzled me... pure sweetness!  Such a giant being being so kind....   Animals are so generous!

After that I had to give her a bit of a massage... I don't know how to massage a horse, but they have such a strong neck and chest so I started with those muscles.... and her front legs.... she probably could have used a brushing too, but my hands were getting out a bunch of loose hairs. (and dirt) :)

So what was so moving about last night that I had to come back to the blog.... I think the connection that we can have with animals.... appreciating their beauty, their power, their intelligence, their gifts.  DAMN I love horses!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem