Food Relationships

Ah... our relationship with food... this I have contemplated and studied for years.... unofficially of course.  I didn't take a formal course in dietetics because I saw what they served on hospital menus.  I didn't study to be an expert prepare-er of food, I just read different books, watched some documentaries, and signed up for some newsletters online to get the 'black market' scoop on nutrition.

I thought food was the way to health.  And OH it's a very good start!  But I think there's much more to the state of being 'healthy' that has nothing to do with the food that goes into your mouth.

Picture needed:  
Really good omelette in Kauai! :)

I listened to a talk given by a Native American woman in northern Wisconsin recently.  She talked about fasting.  The Native Americans use fasting to discover truths about their souls, destiny, true calling.  What do we do with food?  We do the opposite.  We fill our face with food when fear, sadness, insecurity presents itself.  What if we learned to seek answers to our unbalanced state by fasting?  Maybe there's something to this.....

By the way, this came to when I decided to have a spelt muffin with butter and raspberry jelly after my dinner because 'Hey I wanted one.'  I am not fasting today... it's Friday.  I'm in need of rest. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem