Your Picture of Joy

Why do we take the time to get our children photographed, frame the pictures, and then hang them on the wall?  Well because we like to see our joy!  I suppose after a time you might stop actually looking at the pictures on your wall, but the reason you hung it up in the first place was because you felt some kind of connection to the image and knew that it would bring you some flavor of joy so you displayed it in FULL view.

I am a picture nut and I realized that I didn't have ANY pictures of my children on my wall until this fall when they got their school pictures.  Now I certainly do and when I look at them I see their beloved faces all excited to be the subject of the image.  I see the darling outfit they chose; sometimes the favorite shirt, sometimes the fleeting trend.  Whatever it is that comes to mind, it's always joyful and makes me smile.

Some of the best 'framer' pictures are ones where the child is not even close to smiling with a big cheesy grin... I have one from my three year-old's photo shoot where she absolutely refused to smile.  She just looked at the camera with a stern-mouth-closed-furrowed-browed face.  That picture on the wall will inflict laughter on ANY one who looks at it, not just those that know her!  What a dear sweet/sour face!

My kids are my joy framed on my wall, but today these images were my joy on the trail.

AMAZING sun glistening on the river behind these changing leaves.

I was hugging this tree... PURE joy rush!

Fuzzy light wispies with blue background and a double mini-rainbow!

These leaves were the softest blanket of fluff on the trail.... BLISSFUL!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem