Inside Out

Inside a sunflower...
I was looking for a pair of black socks today.  I'm wearing pants because it's quite chilly outside.  I had been wearing dresses for months straight, but on days like this, I really wanted some thick fabric on my legs for when I get into the car at the end of the day and my poor 'Eileen' (that's the name of my car) is freezing. 

I looked under my clothes drying rack in my bedroom and saw two black things that looked like my dress socks.  Many times there are various versions of children's socks that have no match there and I figured the two black ones that were there were also two singleton socks.  Yet... they looked so similar....

Inside this tunnel... SO beautiful!
So I examined them with my hands this time... and felt the inside of the one because it seemed the outside of the other one was striped fabric..... upon further investigation, I realized that they were indeed a pair and that one of them was just turned inside out!

Those socks had probably been in the 'mismatch' pile for a month or so as I hadn't examined them close enough.  Sometimes turning things inside out, allows us to see the similarities... Aren't we all so alike on the inside? mmmmmmmmmmmmm!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem