Pure Absurdity

There are a lot of people in this world.  Full Stop.

Why must I walk through the halls of my workplace and see:  a woman with an elbow that bends the opposite way mine does, a man whose left cheek is swollen and drooping like jowls on a dog, a little girl who looks to be about 9 months old, but who is actually old enough to talk, but won't because she's shy (BUT OH SO CUTE that I can't NOT stop and tell her she's darling), an elderly man walking with his wife with an oozing head wound, another elderly man sleeping in his wheelchair being pushed by his daughter in the busiest part of the clinic with live music surrounding, a man walking with a metal eye patch with tiny holes, the girl from hip hop who has NO rhythm what-so-ever singing opera to the piano in the grand lobby.....

Why am I where I am?

I can't handle looking at people in pain or disfigured.  What is my purpose in this environment?  Why do I KNOW that the woman singing has no body rhythmn?  Her voice is sweet and accurate.

I enter the blood draw area every morning to a FULL HOUSE of people waiting to see what their blood can tell the scientists.... I try to shine as I walk through there, but there are so many of them and so few of me.... and they are tired. They are scared.  They trust what they are told.

I bless those I can pick out.  I try to make eye contact and smile, but not many people look up.

I carry on and for some reason I stay.  Why was a heart so sensitive placed here?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem