Are You Ready for This?

I'm 4 days away from visiting my dear friend in Montreal.  I have not known her for a full year yet, but I feel like part of her family... the long lost sister variety.  I'll be walking into a foreign land... literally... Canada... but not the English-speaking variety... the French side.  Her children speak French.  The signs in the airport will likely be in French.  She lives as a self-employed artist - fashion designer.  She lives in an apartment building in the big French city.  How will I communicate with her darlings... through hugs?  Through smiles?  Maybe we will teach each other our language... and little by little we will speak through words.  In some ways I feel like I will be walking into home.... the home of my sister....

I'm pumped to meet her brother and her friends, see where she dances her cares away on Friday nights, and see where she spends her days..... AND I'm excited to celebrate HER on her BIRTHDAY!  To properly give her a break from all the duties of a single Mom.... to lovingly be her friend and celebrate with laughter and presence.  Face to face presence is SUCH a gift!

We try our best to be the best of friends for each other, but so much tugs at us.  This weekend is a GIFT to us both... a gift of presence!  We will savor each drop!

LOVE YOU MC!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem