Beets Marvelous Beets

A shredded beet heart! <3
I have only ever had beets cooked, but TODAY I tried them in the buff (the beets not me)! :)  They are incredibly delicious!  Not only do they taste so pleasing, but the patterns internally are so fun to discover (as I was using my peeler to shred the beets).  They are just a BLAST to prepare!  I really am not sure why I haven't discovered them in the past....

When I was purchasing the beets at the grocery store I realized something about my food preferences as well.  I got EXTREMELY excited in the produce section - the leafy green vegetable section to be precise.  I looked at the wall of veg and conjured up ideas of Napa cabbage wraps and herbed melon smoothies.  'Oh, how could I use that celery root?  I don't think I've tried that before, I will have to get that some time....' was actually a thought pattern I remember having. Yes some men get giddy at the meat counter, but I feel my pulse quicken with excitement when up against a wall of veg.... :)  Lucky ME!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem