Leave it in the Bushes

Here's some Irish for you today.... an Irish Proverb that cracked me up!
 
May you live and may you wear it out and may you leave it in the bushes. 
 
I love how Irish people love to offer up their 'blessing' for you.  This proverb is a wonderful image of making the most of life (and also quite like the shoes that my daughter told me this morning - 6 hours before our departure for camp - were used up).

May you wear it out!  Life!  Wear it out!  Now that sounds SO incredibly FUN to me!  I don't see it meaning necessarily to CRAM as many activities as possible.  I see it as enjoying whatever it is you choose to do with your mind fully engaged.  I am engaged with this cup of tea, this walk in the woods, the odor of a molding orange peel in my trash can at work, the current cloud formation passing overhead... ;)

I see it as experiencing the immense grandeur of each and every day!  Wear out every day!  And then when it comes to rest (at a reasonable hour) you will fall into bed and bask in sleep until you wake up refreshed and RARIN' to go again.

The bushes... now that's a great concept too!  After each day of full-on wear is complete.... leave it in the bushes!  It's past.  It's done.  You did your best!  On to the present day!

The bushes make me smile.  Thank you bushes for taking on all my worn out days!  (I know my bushes are lilacs - I have a favorite row of them on my walk into work... we talk. :))

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem