Teeter Totter

You don't see teeter totters much any more on playgrounds.. the fulcrum and lever contraption that probably sent too many little sisters flying through the air and to the Emergency Room... BUT we still see them in our lives and understand the concept COMPLETELY if we have ever been flung or (almost worse) pounded to the ground on a teeter totter.

You're SURE of a decision... you're so happy and free because the decision is behind you... and then BAM... something changes or something comes back in the picture and you go from flying high status (because face it, the TOP is the BEST part of the teeter totter) to somewhere in the middle or maybe even back on the ground - hopefully it's not the GRAND SLAM where your bottom gets a bruise.

And you are back in deliberation.  How did I feel so certain and then one little change and my resolve goes out the window.  I KNOW what it is that I need to decide, but why is it so hard to get out of the patterns that are comfortable?  Being a well-known laid back person in the group, I haven't always set boundaries. Setting boundaries is something very healthy.  You must communicate what's acceptable behavior and what is not.

This time, what made me secure again was this... a walk with my angel in the woods.  The pulsing life in the forest on a summer evening brought me present and brought ME back.  I know what's best for me.  The soft glow of the sun before sunset, the brilliant greens of the vegetation, the blooming wild flowers, and the toad stools in the middle of the trail brought the decision out.

And I'm at the top of that lever again!  And I soar with love!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem