Weeds or Fleurs

I made myself a salad tonight (Greek even though I had two helpings of Greek salad today at our International Lunch event at work) and sat outside in the lovely evening sun to BE in my backyard.  I was facing my small fleur garden which I am just getting to know as I just acquired it this year and have no idea what's planted there except the lavender plant I placed there early this spring (she's doing splendidly I might add).    I also placed a fairy statue (in honor of my Nana) and a bird bath (a housewarming gift from a dear friend).  The rest of the growth I have NO idea what it was intended to be.

I think there are some day lilies and I know there are a couple of maple tree seeds that took a hold that need to be extracted, but some of the other growth, I just can't tell if it's fleur or weed.  This happened to me one of the first years I planted a garden... I thought for SURE what was coming up was peas, oh and they were flourishing, until they got to be really big and never produced any peas!  They were good growers those weeds!

So.. before the weeds overtake the fleurs, I am going to figure out what is beautiful and what's choking out the beautiful.... a ha!  And this is my transition to life, and relationships and where you place your attention - who gets it? Which plants do you keep for the beautiful flower or the tasty vegetable nourishment?  I guess you need to know what is a fleur and a vegetable leaf and what is not before it gets too big and you're too late to the game.

Ah, but you know... and you really don't even have to ask at a nursery.  I'll get out my gloves tomorrow and do some weeding!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem