Wee Magical Things

I was reading a travel guide book on the Mayan Riviera and ran across some fun folk lore.... It seems the Mayans had 'leprechauns' too!  These little tricky people are called aluxo'ob (alux = aloosh) and they do things like hide your flip flops or other little pranks if you don't believe in them and show them proper respect (like a mini-house on the premises... :))  I love it!  I will construct some kind of dwelling for them when I arrive just because I hope they come and hang out with me! :)

Which reminds me of all things magical.... like static in the dark which Sarah decided were our fairies having fun. :)  You can live your life as if nothing is a miracle or you can live your life like EVERYTHING is a miracle - not sure who said that, but I've read it and I LIKE IT!  So... alux and static fairies are a YES in my book!

You know what else is magical????  The silence that falls upon the house when the kids are asleep! :)  GOLDEN baby!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem