Weekend of Dance

I have realized as of a couple years ago that my main form of expression is dance.  Dancing makes me high in a most pleasurable way!  I love movement with music.  It doesn't even have to be a certain kind of music or certain kind of dance... if I'm inspired to move with the music, I do!

Alanis Morissette says it so well in her song 'Incomplete' (an incredible song by the way) "One day I'll be secure, like the women I see on their 30th anniversaries"  Why are they secure?  Well because they know themselves and have accepted themselves.  I love seeing these women in the locker room at the gym.... they walk around not caring one little bit about what they look like.  They walk around with great big smiles (maybe being retired also has something to do with that smile.... :))  knowing...  If I happen to find one of these women in the locker area I choose, I most always start up a conversation with them.  I just love to get their take on things.  Not all conversations are earth shattering revelations, but I enjoy the exchange.

So... I'm on my way to secure... knowing my favorite mode of expression:  DANCE!  Alas it is but ONE piece of the puzzle.  It's coming along!  :)

And this way of expression will be acted upon this weekend as I attend ZUMBA this evening with my dance friends and then hit the ceili on Saturday night and then watch some young ladies and gentlemen Irish dancers dance on Sunday to some brilliant fiddling... :)  (You must have a Guinness when saying 'BRILLIANT')!  HA!  Slainte!  (That's cheers in Gaelic)

And here's a blessing from one of my favorite Irish poets, John O'Donahue.

“For Equilibrium, a Blessing:
Like the joy of the sea coming home to shore,
May the relief of laughter rinse through your soul.

As the wind loves to call things to dance,
May your gravity by lightened by grace.

Like the dignity of moonlight restoring the earth,
May your thoughts incline with reverence and respect.

As water takes whatever shape it is in,
So free may you be about who you become.

As silence smiles on the other side of what's said,
May your sense of irony bring perspective.

As time remains free of all that it frames,
May your mind stay clear of all it names.

May your prayer of listening deepen enough
to hear in the depths the laughter of god.”
John O'Donohue, To Bless the Space Between Us: A Book of Blessings

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem