Art Forms

Today I took my daughter to her children's dance (ballet) theater rehearsal.  I meant to stay to help sewing costumes, but there were tons of helpers and I slipped out to watch the rehearsals... hehehe...  What I saw was a true art form.  I saw the director dancing with the dancers and saying what the dancers were expressing through dance to assist them to use facial expressions and movements to convey this.  It was incredible!  The director is living his bliss!  You can tell he enjoys EVERY SINGLE moment!

And he's incredibly good at seeing how it all fits together:  Take for example the flamingos... they are a group of about 8 teenage ballerina girls who have been directed to move like flamingos... and it works!  They completely look like the birds!  Twice they are even used as croquet mallets.... oh so gracefully.  And the croquet balls that they smack are tap dancing hedgehogs... :)  I just love the imagination involved to bring this to life!

I also saw the movie Finding Neverland last night which is an older movie with Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet.  It's the story of the author of the play 'Peter Pan' and it portrays the playwright who completely immerses himself in the creation of the story and finds himself in it at times.  He's a man who returns to his childhood to find inspiration for a story, fantastic at times, but a tale full of color, mystery and meaning.  I'm partial to ANY story that has fairies and mermaids... :)  After all, Peter Pan wanted to remain a boy forever.  Who wouldn't, especially if you could fly? :)   The alligator who swallowed the clock chasing you.... what an image!  Of course I never looked at it this way before, but it's the progression of time chasing you, eating away at your youth.  Alligator Alligator eat 'em up, eat 'em up!

Art forms take on so many shapes and containers.  Find what makes you EXTREMELY happy and give that to the world... your art...your bliss!  :)  Adventure and service my friend... :)  It's the way to go!  Just the thought of that makes my heart tingly!  Tingle Tingle little heart!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem