Teach!

Ah.. this is something that I need to practice!  I love this thought!  I don't have to know everything to teach what I do know....  I can practice how to gently share and learn how to read when my counterpart is open for the message. 

The Article
*****************************************************************************
You Do NOT Have to Be an Expert to Serve the World
Posted: March 13, 2013 @ 11:30 AM | By: Jennifer Louden
Categories:
Leadership & Self-Development

If there is one thing that trips up my clients, it is the belief that a teacher needs to be an expert before they can teach.

Yes, there are times I want an expert. When my dad was diagnosed with cancer, I looked for the best oncologist I could find.

But I would argue that an expert is often the last person we want to learn from.
The “expert” model is a patriarchal model. It tells us that someone else always knows best and that they will hand their knowledge “down.” Asking too many questions or questioning the teacher's authority is considered disruptive and a problem. Thank god, this model is dying!

The peer-led model that is arising tells us, “I've had this experience. I have acquired this knowledge; and I would like to share it with you and encourage you to try it.” Students take what serves them. They discuss and wrangle with the teacher's ideas, helping the teacher to refine what they know. The teacher keeps learning, and offering a new and improved version. This is a very fluid, feminine and dynamic model!

Your role in this model is to fully claim and boldly share what you know. Not padded by false claims or by puffing up your importance, nor by hiding away and getting another degree until you are finally ready. There is no ready!
********************************************************************************

:)  Thanks Jennifer.  I needed this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem