Lovin the Little Ones

I'm 24 hours post-hosting-a-slumber-party for my almost 9 year old... and I really enjoyed it!  :)  I was flying solo - the only adult on the premises... and I was outnumbered 6 to 1... but I really had a great time!   We went swimming first, then to the Ice Bars downtown (QUICK stop-over), then back home for pizza, making MONSTERS out of fleece, ice cream sundaes, and PROM (the movie).  :)

These girls (3rd graders) were the sweetest girls!  For one, my youngest was climbing ALL over them... and I mean ALL over them... getting in their face and just being a full-out little sister menace!  But neither the girls nor Sarah got upset with her.... what a pleasant experience!   Then she started doing cartwheels (REALLY well too) and we all were so surprised at her ability that we really couldn't speak for a while. ;)

We had a great time making monsters out of fleece, but I must say it would have gone a bit faster had there been another person who knew how to tie a thread/needle and finish up a hand sewing piece.  :)  They were great sports though!  They didn't get frustrated on the 4th time of trying to sew on a heart to the front of the monster... I was truly impressed.  They also were GREAT about dealing out compliments on the other girls' monster designs, sharing scissors, sharing me :), AND helping each other realize that "Monsters aren't perfect".  :)  That means that they didn't care if the smile wasn't perfectly symmetrical or the ears perfectly stuffed - monsters aren't like that! :)  I'll have to remember that in life because we are like monsters in this way... we aren't perfect! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem