Treble Hop Treble Hop Back


I found my dance shoe/wig/crazy sunglasses collection/cheer leading letter sweater/digital answering machine from college bin today.  Well I didn't just find it by accident, I went looking for it because I wanted to get out my Irish and ballet shoes.  

I have been hanging out with ballerinas on Sundays and sometimes Saturdays as I help with sewing the costumes for the dance theater production in town.  They're walking around with buns (in their hair) and pretty leotards with flowing skirts.  I just love the look and the gracefulness!  On their feet are the ever-coveted pointe shoes... Knowing that I have a pair, I wanted to get them out and play around with them, but really I wanted to get to my Irish shoes.... I want to get to know them better... :)

My Right Foot - better at trebbling than my left.
And these are my pretties... they are very clean and unscuffed, but I plan on changing that all... they DEFINITELY need some major work on the sole as I can not even point them enough to get up on my toe.

I have some DVDs to learn the steps as the British teacher that was hoping to come to this area to teach never got the ok from Uncle Sam.  

So I start my lessons alone... in my shoes and on carpet... they are WAY too slippery on my kitchen floor and I'm too scared to really tap on the hard woods upstairs... the toes are fiberglass and that's HARD!
My view of my turn-out.
First a Master Class DVD to help me with my basics.  Treble Hop Treble Hop Back.... here I come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem