Perfect Chopping Weather

I haven't had an opportunity like this for years..... A sunny day, melting ice, and plenty of time.... to CHOP ICE!  :)  I absolutely LOVE to get out there and remove ice from my stairs, sidewalk, driveway - whatever is covered in ice.  I have ruined quite a few shovels because of this love of mine, but I used to have a great ice scraper/chopper that I didn't move from my previous house so I didn't have the exact right tool for the job, but my metal shovel did a great job of most of it.

I mean these conditions were ideal!  I didn't need a hat. I had on mittens on my fingers would turn white, but the rest of the day was just gorgeous!  I had SO MANY great CHOPS too.... when you hit the 'sweet' spot that causes multiple breaks of the ice flying in all directions.... SO satisfying!  I could do it for hours.... but my right hand that takes most of the force of the blows was getting sore.

With my chopping success inspiration, I went to the hardware store in town and found an ice scraper for  MORE fun!  Oh and it was!  I cleared a LOT of ice off my cement today.  Unfortunately, the water from the melting ice just pooled back onto the sidewalks and made ice again - and the slippery kind - so I will have to go out again and CHOP! :)  Hmmmm the thought just doesn't seem that bad! :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem