And I was JUST thinking about my garden

I subscribe to this and that email/newsletter/lists and have reduced my volumes by only keeping those that I truly enjoy daily.  Today I got a gem from entheos:

http://www.entheos.com/ideas/alan-seale/1487/breaking-up-your-root-ball?c=3673
And here's the link - Root Ball Analogy

Here's the text below if you don't care to leave....

Breaking Up Your Root Ball

Recently I was planting some rose bushes and was reminded how much gardening has to teach us about life. When you transfer a plant from a pot into the ground, you first have to break up the root ball so that the roots can breathe and receive nourishment from their new environment as well as stretch out into new territory and keep growing.
While breaking up the root balls of the roses, I was reminded of how growth and change work in our lives. By nature, our “roots” conform to the containers we are in. Those containers may be relationships, belief systems, habits, perceptions, or family or organizational structures. Sometimes a potted plant even becomes root bound – its roots have absorbed all of the soil so that there is nothing left to provide nourishment. The plant slowly dies. We, too, can become root bound, being so tightly packed in a too-small container that we can no longer breathe or receive nourishment.
If the containers of our lives are no longer serving us, it may be time to transplant ourselves in a new garden, or at least to a larger pot. If we want to thrive in our new environment, we have to be willing to break up our “roots” so that we can grow, receive nourishment, and stretch out into a new world.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem