Getting Out

Too much crunch for comfort
I had a bit of a fender cruncher about a month ago that left my cruiser unable to be driven and needing 18 days in the shop to be fixed and back to original form (and it still smells like a new paint job - so this is a FRESH refurbishment for Eileen (that's her name)).








After I picked up my all fixed up Eileen, I took her on a drive north to meet up with a dear friend and her husband and his entire family at a cabin on a lake (without running water and in the winter :)).  My friend and I decided to go into town one of the days and get some coffee... and I wanted to get post cards (LOVE POST CARDS). 
 

The COLD seat

This is the way they fish up north. - collapsible fish house and 4 wheelers
On the way in, I was driving on the windy roads around the lakes in the area and came upon a curve with what looked like an immobile seal in the other lane.  I slowed to a stop and realized it was a dog just chillin' in the other lane... didn't seem to be hurt (thankfully) and came up to Eileen barking a bit, but not looking mean.  My friend who is a dog lover to the core tried to get out to assist the pooch off the road out of harm's way.  She tried her door handle a few times and it didn't allow her to open the door.... she asked me if I had the child locks on because after all we WERE in a minivan and they have these things... nope.  No lock on the door.  I didn't want to get out of my door because the big dog was right next to my door barking and I'm not really all that keen on going up to unfamiliar barking dogs after I got bit in the butt riding my bike on a country road about 9 years ago (RIGHT through my favorite brown yoga pants... anyway).

She ended up climbing over the seat and going out the automatic sliding side door to see the dog.  Two other pick up trucks had also stopped and they knew the dog and where he belonged so the dog jumped into one of the trucks and was taken to safety.  I guess he does that often.  YIKES!

The point of that little story is that is how I discovered that my door wasn't working after my body shop experience.  SO today I brought Eileen in to the shop again to see what was failing in my door and they found a cable that hadn't been attached.  All fixed.  SWEET!  Done with that month long adventure... although I haven't seen the bill from the insurance agent OR the car rental place... yet...

About 2 hours after I had been at work, I got a call from the collision place again.  I thought they were just calling to check up to make sure I was satisfied with the work they had done.  Honestly, I hadn't even checked to see if the door opened from the inside. HA!  This call was not about that.  It was the desk attendant wondering if I had found his camera in my car.  I said I hadn't noticed it, but that I hadn't really looked either.  He thought it had possibly dropped out of his pocket when he was in my car this morning.  I told him that I could check, but that my car is parked about 5 blocks away and I would walk there in the afternoon when I needed a break from my desk.  AND WHAT A GREAT DAY IT IS TODAY TO GO FOR A WALK! :)  SAWEET!

Cut to the chase:  I did have the camera in my car.  I walked over and got it.  I called the place back up.  Their shuttle guy came and picked it up and I did NOT look at any of the images on the camera. :)

Here are some pictures of the fire we had on the 'beach' that weekend... I just really enjoy pictures and fire... :)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem