Garden of the Angel with the Babe

FINALLY I remembered to bring my camera to work when I could take pictures in the dark of the angel statue in my favorite garden across the street from my building at work..... He's in a garden of a Catholic church right near my employer.  The garden in the summer is GORGEOUS and I sit in the shade of her trees and company of her flowers and even a bunny rabbit or two to eat my lunch.

To the right of this angel is a bench.  I had a few talks with my therapist Lizz (with 2 Zs)  who helped me through some turbulent times in my life.  This angel has heard a lot!  :) As he is set in stone, he just stays where he's put and cradles that little darling baby in his arms.  That never made me emotional until now (everything has its time right?).  I am reading a book recommended by a friend of mine who does workshops on angels written by an Irish mystic - a woman who has - as long as she can remember - always seen angels and spirits of people who have passed.

When she walks into a room, views people walking on the street, steps into the airport, she sees an angel next to EVERY person.  Yep... that means YOU have one next to you right now as well...  When I read this, I cried.  I cried because although I had heard about Guardian Angels before, I never really thought that one was  next to me ALL the time! There's a being given to me at birth who just looks after me!  How blessed am I???  I guess I just thought they were around SOME of the time- like Easter and Christmas.  I have a Guardian Angel on the visor of my minivan, but most of the time, I just scratch  my hand on it when I'm not paying attention to where I put my hand.  I must say that I have been very fortunate in my car with the help of my Guardian Angel!


Anyway, I have been noticing that the stained glass of the church is really beautiful at night in the winter and I would love to get that in the background of a picture of the angel..... but there really wasn't enough light in the church to capture the color of the windows, but I did get the angel... and he's what I meant to get in the first place!  LOVE, service, and dedication... that's what angels practice.... and they're only seen by a fortunate few.


Thank your Guardian Angel today.... and ask for guidance and assistance when you need it.  They are at your service. :)  Believe in their strength.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What Does Your Fun Look Like?

What do I want to BE? What do I want to DO?

Cycle of Downturns - a Poem